Materials Chain International Conference – MCIC 2021: Materials Discovery and Processing for Energy
Providing our world with more efficient and sustainable energy poses one of the greatest challenges of our times. Novel materials play a key role for enabling new energy technologies. The fast and efficient discovery and development of novel materials therefore are critical for sustainable future energy.
The third Materials Chain International Conference, originally planned for November 2020, is postponed due to the Corona virus pandemic.
The conference now titled MCIC 2021: Materials Discovery and Processing for Energy, will take place from February 25 to February 26, 2021 in Bochum, Germany.
In seven dedicated sessions, MCIC 2021 will focus on materials discovery and development, up-scaling, processing and manufacturing:
- Data-driven and combinatorial materials discovery
- Materials for physical energy conversion, 2D and hybrid functional materials
- Materials for chemical energy conversion
- Magnetic materials for energy conversion
- Metals and alloys
- Production engineering and additive manufacturing
- Transfer: Start-ups and systems
- Professor Oliver Gutfleisch (TU Darmstadt, Germany)
- Professor Gus Hart (Brigham Young University, USA)
- Dr Jannica Heinrichs (Uppsala University, Sweden)
- Professor Marc Koper (Leiden University, The Netherlands)
- Professor Stefanie Reese (RWTH Aachen, Germany)
- Professor Katrin Wudy (TU Munich, Germany)
More speakers will be announced soon!
- Professor Manfred Bayer (TUDo)
- Professor Gerd Bacher (UDE)
- Professor Michael Farle (UDE)
- Dr Stefanie Hanke (UDE)
- Dr Tillmann Hickel (MPIE)
- Professor Alfred Ludwig (RUB)
- Professor Jan Sehrt (RUB)
- Professor Christof Schulz (UDE)
- Professor Kristina Tschulik (RUB)
- Professor Sebastian Weber (RUB)
- Professor Petra Wiederkehr (TUDo)
MCIC 2021 will be held at Ruhr-Universität Bochum’s Convention Centre. It provides an attractive view over the green Ruhr Valley due to its location on the southern edge of the campus. The light-filled rooms are situated on one level and provide ideal meeting conditions for up to 800 people.
Contact person for Materials Chain International Conference 2021:
Universitätsstr. 150 | 44801 Bochum | Germany
Building/room IC 02/501